Default Can You Drive on Private Property with a Revoked Driver's License

My question involves a driver's license issued by the State of New Mexico:

My friend/coworker was recently suspended indefinitely at work where a large part of our job entails moving vehicles around our parking lot (rental cars/trucks basically) due to him having a DUI and thus having his drivers license revoked.

My question I guess is, is it illegal to drive on private property with his interlock license in place? Clearly the vehicles being rented out will not have interlocks on them.. but it is private property.. so I, along with him, are a bit unclear as to whether or not this is illegal.

Thanks for your help.

Default Re: Can You Drive on Private Property with a Revoked Driver's License

Define what you mean by "private property" - are we talking about areas that are closed to the public or open to the public?

Legality of driving on private property aside, you can expect your insurance company to deny ANY claims involving him behind the wheel since he's suspended.

Quote Quoting free9man
    View Post
    Legality of driving on private property aside, you can expect your insurance company to deny ANY claims involving him behind the wheel since he's suspended.
    And as such, the employer is not required to keep him on payroll if his primary duty is to "moving vehicles around" even if it is on private property.

NMSA Chapter 66 ~ Article 5 ~ Section 42: 66-5-42. Employing unlicensed driver.

If it is private property, the land owner can let anyone he wants drive on his land...but most are smarter than that

Quote Quoting Mr. Knowitall
    View Post
    Define what you mean by "private property" - are we talking about areas that are closed to the public or open to the public?
    It's basically a large gated parking lot filled with vehicles. Not open to the public, only property of our business.

1. Sponsored Links