Default How to Change My Daughters Last Name Without Her Father's Consent in Utah

My question involves name change laws in the State of: Utah

My daughter is 4 and when she was born I gave her her fathers last name even though he didnt sign the birth certificate. After 8 months of no help I filed for child support. They ordered for him to take a DNA test and he refused but did sign the paperwork that he takes responsibility for her. He was then ordered to pay child support which he hasnt really done. Hes been in trouble with the law with drugs. My daughters going to start school this fall and I wanted to change her last name to mine before then. He only sees her on occasions but for the most part is not in her life. She doesnt even really know who he is. The only last name I want her to know is mine. I would love to change her last name without his consent or knowledge. I read somewhere that I could fill out the paperwork and post a notification in the paper. He moves a lot an Im not 100% sure on where hes living at this current time. I know that if I would ask him he would refuse just to have this "power" over me. Is there anyway I can change it without directly telling him? Is a name change hard to do?

Default Re: Want to Change My Daughters Last Name Without Her Fathers Consent if Possible in

Is there anyway I can change it without directly telling him?
    almost assuredly not.

1. Sponsored Links