My question involves criminal law for the state of: CA
I am inquiring on behalf of my girlfriend.
She was pulled over by CHP in San Francisco on 1/29/11 and arrested for DUI. She was sent to the drunk tank and cited and released by the SFSD. She is it appear in court on 2/14/11.
- charged with 23152(a) - DUI and 23152(b) - 0.08 BAC or higher
- citation issued from SFSD has misspelled name
- 1st time DUI with no prior moving violations.
- blood was drawn, not sure of results.
A few questions:
- lawyer, yes or no, pros and cons?
- arraignment with no lawyer, better to plead no contest/guilty/not guilty?
- how to obtain a copy of police report?
- misspelled name on citation from sheriffs dept., any leverage there?
- public defender or lawyer?
Just trying to help my girlfriend figure out the best course of action. Seems like everyone has a different view on whether to get a lawyer or not. Any help/comments is greatly appreciated.