Default Aggravated Battery Charge With Prior Felonies - What is the Chance of Probation

My question involves criminal law for the state of: Fl

I was recently charged with aggrevated battery in a bar fight. I have 3 prior felonies, but they are all over 10 years old. 2 of them are vilolent felonies. I have a public defender that I havn't talked with much yet. I'm scared to death that I am going to have to serve some time.

What are my chances of having this reduced to a misdemenear with just probation. I also think the evidence is stacked against me. There is video evidence and witnesses. I already can't find a job now because of my record.

I know you guys can't guess the outcome, but maybe give me an idea of the likelyhood of what I could expect based on experience.

Also, will the DA see any injuction against me?

Default Re: 10 Year Old Prior Felonies.what Are My Chances of Just Getting Probation

may we assume that the "aggravated" part involved a weapon or grievous harm?

You have shown a pattern of violent behavior, though the time between may help a bit.

Your past record will, most certainly, be used against you... the only question is to the degree.
    All you need in this life is ignorance and confidence; then success is sure.
    - Mark Twain

Default Re: 10 Year Old Prior Felonies.what Are My Chances of Just Getting Probation

Unfortunatley yes

the weapon was a beer mug and the guy that I fought with got a moderate laceration on his face.

What are typical offers for this type of case?

Have you looked at the sentencing guidelines?

Your lawyer is the best person to ask about possible plea bargains.

1. Sponsored Links