Default How Do I Relinquish My Parental Rights in California Once Child Support is Ordered

My question involves a child custody case from the State of: California

I am currently waiting for dna results on a six month old baby with special needs and physical disorders in whom I have never met. I just became aware of this alleged child of mine and have no intentions of having a relationship with it in the future. A support order will be established in court at the same time as the dna results. If this happens to actually be my baby I want to relinquish my rights to this child but I have no issue with paying the court ordered support. Is this possible?

Default Re: How Do I Relinquish My Parental Rights in California Once Child Support is Ordere

You are free to consent to step-parent adoption, should it ever become a possibility. You are free to express that you don't want any custody or visitation rights.

Default Re: How Do I Relinquish My Parental Rights in California Once Child Support is Ordere

Okay. DNA results came back and I am the father. The court established the child support order. I wasn't present at the hearing. What forms do I need to sign in order to voluntary relinquish my rights to this child? I don't have any information on this child or the mother other than the support order. Do I serve Child Support Services to have the petition forwarded to this woman saying I am giving up my rights? I don't plan on being in this child's life period. This woman said she was not having the baby. Then she said she was putting it up for adoption. We only had sex a couple times, strictly sex no relationship. But the bottom line is she chose to keep it and the child is here now. I don't want ant part of it.

You don't have to do anything.

Simply don't bother filing to establish custody or visitation. You're not obliged to do either.

However you WILL still be paying child support.

UNLESS Mom marries and her husband wishes to adopt.
    An intelligent hell would be better than a stupid paradise - Victor Hugo

Do not microwave grapes

1. Sponsored Links