Default Tinted Window Ticket

My question involves vehicle maintenance laws for the State of: California

I am a Adult Student Driver and I was driving with a instructor when I was pulled over by a police officer.

He said the car windows were tinted and issued a ticket in my name.(The cop said the ticket will be given to who ever is driving the car) The car is registered to the instructor who was with me when I got the ticket.

The instructor took the citation from me saying that he will take care of it. But from that time I am not able to contact him. He is not picking up the calls and not replying to my emails.

I am completely clueless about what to do in this situation.

Any advise is appreciated.

Default Re: Tinted Window Ticket

If in fact the tint is illegal, student driver or no, VC 26708 holds the driver responsible.

Does this instructor work independently, or does he work for some sort of company or agency? If the latter, try contacting the company he works for.

Quote Quoting Mr. Knowitall
    View Post
    If in fact the tint is illegal, student driver or no, VC 26708 holds the driver responsible.

Does this instructor work independently, or does he work for some sort of company or agency? If the latter, try contacting the company he works for.
    Also, if you're unable to contact the instructor, and since you -as the driver- were cited for the violation, it is still YOUR responsibility to appear in court on the date shown on the citation. So if I were you, I would contact the court to inquire about the appearance date to avoid having to face a "failure to appear" charge.

Quote Quoting That Guy
    View Post
    Also, if you're unable to contact the instructor, and since you -as the driver- were cited for the violation, it is still YOUR responsibility to appear in court on the date shown on the citation. So if I were you, I would contact the court to inquire about the appearance date to avoid having to face a "failure to appear" charge.
    Thanks much Mr. Knowitall, That Guy. I contacted the court and got a copy of my citation. I have until this weekend. The fine with out corrections is $194 and with corrections is $25.

Since I am not able to contact the instructor I am planning to pay the $194.

My other concern is will this have a negative impact on the car insurance(will my rates be increased) I see that there is no traffic school i can attend.

Quote Quoting dommiv
    View Post
    My other concern is will this have a negative impact on the car insurance(will my rates be increased) I see that there is no traffic school i can attend.
    VC 26708 is a zero point violation and as such, it is not eligible for traffic school nor should it impact your insurance premium.

If it were me, I would appear in court (on the date shown on the citation) and explain the situation to the judge. You MIGHT get some sympathy and possibly, a reduction of the fine amount.

Thanks much That Guy. My court date is this friday. I'll go to court on that day and see what happens. Thanks for all the replies and help.

1. Sponsored Links