Default What is the Penalty for Misdemeanor of Obstructing Justice in Ohio

does anyone have an idea of the cost of obstructing justice as a misdemeanor in ohio?? he gave me a summon and said something about it being less then a ticket because i have no record or history with them. all that happend was someone was in my car that i knew had a warrant and they ran from my car. he said they usually dont do jail time for a summon and because i dont have a record, so im expecting just a fine.

Default Re: What is the Penalty for Misdemeanor of Obstructing Justice in Ohio

Quote Quoting smf424723
    View Post
    does anyone have an idea of the cost of obstructing justice as a misdemeanor in ohio?? he gave me a summon and said something about it being less then a ticket because i have no record or history with them. all that happend was someone was in my car that i knew had a warrant and they ran from my car. he said they usually dont do jail time for a summon and because i dont have a record, so im expecting just a fine.
    And a criminal record .. seek attny advice.

Default Re: What is the Penalty for Misdemeanor of Obstructing Justice in Ohio

Police often say things that are not correct.

According to the Code, and does your summons cite this also, the charge is the same as what was committed by the person who you allegedly harbored, etc.

In other words, if the person was charged with a Misdemeanor of the 3rd degree, for example, and you Obstructed Justice under the section, then you are charged with an M-3, see what I mean.

What was the charge of the person in question?

http://codes.ohio.gov/orc/2921.32

Let's say it was a Misdemeanor of the 1st degree for arguments sake, the MAX is a $1,000.00 fine and 6 months in jail. The fines/time are lowered for lower M's of course.

NOTE, these are MAX penalties.

In Ohio any charge an M-4 and above you are entitled to a public defender if you plead not guilty if you can not afford one.

1. Sponsored Links