Default Re-Entry into Us After 10 Year Ban

Dear all,

This is my first post and I am very happy to find a Forum like this one... never knew something like this existed! Anyways, I need your help on a subject.

In November of 2002 me and my family were deported from the US and were given the 10 year ban. We went back to Serbia and have been living there since. The only exception is my brother who has gone back to the US several years ago and is now a citizen. (waiver)

I have been offered a job in Germany and have been living here and working for a while now, but all I have is a work visa. Now I have been promoted to a position in which it requires to travel frequently to the US for a period of 2-3 days at a time.

My question is, which waivers do I need to file for and would it be better for me to file for these waivers or the company? That is which would be faster and/or more efficient?

When I was deported I was 20 and still not considered an "adult" so I could not file for my own appeal or anything else, I was under my fathers case. I have no criminal background and have not tried to re-enter or file for any visa re-entry to the US. Its been a little over 8 years now since the ban, and I was wondering also how long it would take to get the waiver whether I filed for it or my company?

Any help you could provide or previous experience would be greately appreciated!!!

Default Re: Re-Entry into Us After 10 Year Ban

You were deported in 1992? That's eighteen years ago, not eight. If your ineligibility is premised only upon a ten year bar that expired in 2002, you don't need waivers. You need an appropriate U.S. visa, presumably a B1/B2.

Default Re: Re-Entry into Us After 10 Year Ban

Jeez, I'm really sorry. I forgot to turn off my time machine... I meant to say 2002, i will edit my post! Thanks!

1. Sponsored Links