Default Adult Dating a Minor in Texas

i am 16 years old and currently live with my mother and very much considering emancipation. in court orders it says i can't date a certain guy(he is 20) until i am 18. but that is not why i am here..we are just friends for now..to my question..

can either or my parents put the guy in jail?

how would they get him put in jail just for me and him hanging out or talking on the phone?

we have never had sex or kissed or anything..i have just given him a hug like i do with all my friends..

is it different with him?

i dont want to get him in any trouble but he is truly my best friend and i have known him for about 10 years now and i just want to know if either of my (divorced) parents can do anything to him?

i dont want to lose him..he has been there for me through everything but my parents just dont get it..

i dont know how to say or write it but please give me all the advice and help you can..thank you

Default Re: Adult dating a minor in Texas

It may be important to get into more detail about the court order--I don't know what kind of case the order stems from--is there some type of no contact order or restraining order or order of protection involved here?

But aside from that, assuming he is not violating a court order, and if he is not committing a crime and it does not sound as though he is, there would be no basis for him to wind up in jail. It would be for the prosecutor to determine whether any charge should be filed and it would be up to a judge/jury to determine whether he would ultimately go to jail. About all your parents could do on that front is to see if they could convince the prosecutor to charge him with a crime.

1. Sponsored Links