Hybrid View

Default No Speed Limit or Violation Written on Speeding Ticket, Could I Get It Dismissed

I got pulled over for going 50 in a 35. The officer that pulled me over just said "caught you going 50 in a 35." That's all, he never gave me the exact speed I was going and I doubt I was going 50 on the dot because I slowed down. When I got the ticket he also didn't write the speed I was going or the limit on the road. How good are my chances to get this ticket dismissed? I already requested a court date but now I'm second guessing myself, when I get there should I just ask to pay the ticket and ask for supervision? I have not gotten a speeding ticket since high school. Please let me know ASAP.

The boxes checked says:
    11-601(b) Speeding ____MPH in a ____ MPH zone (nothing checked off)

Then Local ordinance and H.H. radar is check and the notation says lidar

It's from the Mundelein, IL court circuit.

Thanks

Default Re: No Speed Limit or Violation Written on Speeding Ticket, Could I Get It Dismissed

What is the exact offense you were cited for committing (the statute number). Not every speeding offense requires the officer to make note of your actual speed.

Default Re: No Speed Limit or Violation Written on Speeding Ticket, Could I Get It Dismissed

Quote Quoting Mr. Knowitall
    View Post
    What is the exact offense you were cited for committing (the statute number). Not every speeding offense requires the officer to make note of your actual speed.
    It says local ordinance, I don't know what the statue number is. I already sent it in saying not guilty, but now I'm regretting it. I don't want to pay additional court fees. Do you know if there is any way I can pay it before the court date?

That looks to me to be Illinois Vehicle Code. - 625 ILCS 5, Section 11-601(b)

Quote Quoting kcwong61
    View Post
    Do you know if there is any way I can pay it before the court date?
    Contact the court and inquire as to whether they'll allow you to forgo a trial and instead, simply pay the fine.
    I am right 97% of the time... Who cares about the other 4%!

1. Sponsored Links