Default Filing Child Support but Don't Know Child's Father's Last Name

My question involves paternity law for the State of: South Carolina

How would I go about filing child support when I my baby is born if I do not know the father's last name?

I know his first name and where is from but that is it. I also know he has convictions will knowing this help me figure out his last name?

Officially across the country from where I've been all my life

Default Re: Filing Child Support but Don't Know Child's Father's Last Name

Looks like you'll be raising and paying for this baby all on your own...

that, or the taxpayers will be footing the bill.

but how is it that you have sex that leads to pregnancy with someone you don't know???? Be glad all you got was a baby.
    If you wanted babies all to yourself, you should have created them by yourself. Until you do that, children have the right to BOTH parents, especially since you found them suitable to procreate with.

You can provide social services with the information you have and see what they can turn up.

What sort of 'pillow talk' involves the confession of a criminal record, but no mention of a last name? I don't mean to be skeptical, but in most cases I hear of like this the mother for some reason wants to hide the father's name from the authorities and, outside of drunken one night stands with strangers, for the most part people aren't hard to find.

Do you know anything else about this guy? where did he do time at ? what city or street he lived on? his age and or birthdate? does he have facebook or myspace? sounds like you need to do a little investigating ...............do you still have his phone number? put it into the search engine and see if anything comes up.
    when you go to the child support office they need every piece of info you can find on him so they know where to serve the papers if he ever got any welfare he will be in the system.
    Good luck sweetie hope everything works out and if you never find him just focus on caring for your little one!

Quote Quoting Reasons
    View Post
    My question involves paternity law for the State of: South Carolina

I know his first name and where is from but that is it. I also know he has convictions will knowing this help me figure out his last name?
    If you know what county his convictions were in, you could search for an online court database to search for his convictions. Here is an example from Horry county (Myrtle Beach area), which I found by typing horry county clerk of courts into google.

http://www.horrycounty.org/SCJDWEB/p...px?CourtType=G

So in this database, General Sessions court would be selected for criminal cases and for Select Case Parties I selected Defendant and typed in the first name of John. However, it returned so many results, it would take forever to sort through so I think if he has a common first name like John, you would need to know a particular time frame to narrow things down. If his first name is something uncommon, you may be able to find him more easily.

As an example, I did another search for anyone named John as a defendant for the time period January 1, 2009 - January 1, 2010. I got 14 pages of names. You would need to know the type of conviction to sort through the results. You click on the tab that states Charges to find out what the defendant was charged with.

So if you know the county the criminal case was filed in, what kind of conviction it was, his first name and about when the criminal case was filed, you may be able to find an online database that will help you to find out his last name.

If he is still on parole or probation and the conviction was in south carolina, you may be able to find him with this database here. It will return results with only a first name.

http://www.dppps.sc.gov/find.html

Quote Quoting CourtClerk
    View Post
    but how is it that you have sex that leads to pregnancy with someone you don't know????
    Some criminals go by aliases. So she may have known him by an alias and found out later that wasn't his name and is now trying to find out what his last name really is.

Quote Quoting CourtClerk
    View Post
    Be glad all you got was a baby.
    She may have gotten more from him than just a baby.

Quote Quoting Mr. Knowitall
    View Post
    You can provide social services with the information you have and see what they can turn up.
    Good idea.

View Post
    What sort of 'pillow talk' involves the confession of a criminal record, but no mention of a last name? I don't mean to be skeptical, but in most cases I hear of like this the mother for some reason wants to hide the father's name from the authorities
    Maybe she found out later that he was using an alias. That is not uncommon with criminals.

However, I am not sure I am following your point about hiding the father's name. She stated she was trying to file for child support. Are you saying that this may be a case of her being on welfare and the state of SC requiring her to file for child support as a condition of her welfare? And now she wants to know how easily they can find him given his criminal record if she claims to have only known his first name?

View Post
    outside of drunken one night stands with strangers
    Well that is always a possibility. Some women just love a bad boy.

1. Sponsored Links