Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Question How to Get Wrong Man Off Son's Birth Certificate

My question involves paternity law for the State of: Ohio

I really hope you can help me Im trying to do the right thing and can not afford an attorney to help me with this
    During my pregnancy I completley believed that 'K' was the father fast foward my son is seven months old and now I'm unsure if 'K' is his son. I was only with one other man around that time and have contacted him. I wanted to get a dna test from child support but they will not allow it since 'K' signed the affadavit. 'K' does not think my son is his and I hate it but he just might be right.
    I called juvenille court and they told me that they could not tell me what forms I needed to fill out on their website and that I would need to get an attorney to help me
    My questions are
    1. What forms do I need to fill out to get 'K' affadavit revoked
    2. What steps should I take to resolve this
    3. The other potential father does not want to be on the certificate is there a way I can just have it blank
    4. I can only afford an unoffical dna test that cannot be used in the courts ...should I get it any way
    5. Are then any pro bono lawyers that I can use for this matter if I really need one

Default Re: Mother Trying to Get Wrong Man Off Sons Birth Certificate (Man Signed Affadavit)

The State may be very reluctant to remove K as father if there isn't someone else willing to step up in place.

In Ohio you only have 60 days to rescind paternity; at this point it would appear that you would have to actually go ahead and have the biological father (or you) file to establish paternity (and that would mean K's paternity would be disestablished).
    An intelligent hell would be better than a stupid paradise - Victor Hugo

Do not microwave grapes

Default Re: Mother Trying to Get Wrong Man Off Sons Birth Certificate (Man Signed Affadavit)

but what forms would I have to file out to establish paternity and have the courts see me? thanks for all your help

Before you waste everybody's time, how about doing a private DNA test to determine if the legal dad is the biological father?

Does the person upon whom you're now fixated as the child's biological father want to be established as the father?

Quote Quoting Mr. Knowitall
    View Post
    Before you waste everybody's time, how about doing a private DNA test to determine if the legal dad is the biological father?

Does the person upon whom you're now fixated as the child's biological father want to be established as the father?

I personally dont think this is a waste of time and I agree in getting a private dna test but I dont have the money to do that right now.I also offered to pay for a dna test a couple of months ago when I did have the money and 'K' refused he has jsut decided to ignore this child and issue completely, I unfortunately cannnot.
    Yes he wants to be in the childs life he is worried about child support but i know that he will do the right thing and establish himself as my childs father.

Then get Potential Dad to pay for a private DNA test. If it shows him to be the biological father, then he can petition the court to establish paternity.

Do not microwave grapes

potential dad is broke too! (i sure can pick em!!!) but I will have the money in feb to get the test done..............i am responsible for this whole mix up so Im trying to take care of it without involving them too much is it possible to do that

You can't do that, no.

They're both involved - and you may not even have standing to do anything legally. What are you going to do though if K turns out to be bio dad?

Do not microwave grapes

ive always thought k was the father but now theres doubt in my mind. k hasnt really been there for my child the most he has done is buy a case of diapers. so if he is the father the only thing that will change is that i will enforce the child support (that he has never paid). but if he isnt i will get 'p' established as the father apologize to k and his mom and move on with my life because k not being the father would be a true blessing in itself i would get over this embarrassment all for my child to have a good father in his life.

Officially across the country from where I've been all my life

Here's the thing...

you CAN'T establish P as the father. He will be able to, but since you signed the AOP, your time to rescind that has long since sailed.
    If you wanted babies all to yourself, you should have created them by yourself. Until you do that, children have the right to BOTH parents, especially since you found them suitable to procreate with.

1. Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast