Default Speeding Ticket in La County - Fee and Points

My question involves a speeding ticket from the State of: California. I received a ticket 22350 VC- Speeding for going 51mph in a 35 zone in Temple City. it was near a high school but, received the ticket at 12:52 so it wasn't during before or after school hours. And no where on the ticket mentions anything about it being near a school.

It has not appeared on the LA superior court website and i have not received anything regarding it. Anyone know how much the ticket will cost? and now many points will be associated with it ?

I already have 2 points on my record for accidents. will that effect the points or fees for the ticket?

Default Re: Speeding Ticket in La County - Fee and Points

Quote Quoting flowerfresh
    View Post
    My question involves a speeding ticket from the State of: California. I received a ticket 22350 VC- Speeding for going 51mph in a 35 zone in Temple City. it was near a high school but, received the ticket at 12:52 so it wasn't during before or after school hours. And no where on the ticket mentions anything about it being near a school.
    The speed limit in school zones in California is typically 25mph. Since you were cited for 51 in 35, this is not related to a school zone and as such, the time of day is not a point of contention. Unless posted otherwise, that 35mph limit applies 24/7...

View Post
    Anyone know how much the ticket will cost? and now many points will be associated with it ?
    If convicted, you're looking at approximately $355 + one violation point on your record...

View Post
    I already have 2 points on my record for accidents. will that effect the points or fees for the ticket?
    The previous points won't affect this violation, how it is adjudicated or the fine amount. However, this violation (if you are found guilty) will affect your point count. In other words, depending on how long ago those 2 other points were assessed on your record (the date(s) of the accident(s)), you're getting pretty close to an administrative suspension by the DMV (4 points in any 12 month period) for being a "habitual offender".

1. Sponsored Links