Default How Long Should It Take to Get Refund Check from a Dismissed Traffic Case

My question involves traffic court in the State of: California

Hello,

Thanks to the great advice I received from this site I won my traffic case! But now, I am wondering why it is taking soooo long to get a refund check from the clerks's office. At the time of my trial the judge dismissed my case based on "Untimely Manner" by the clerks office. The judge said I would receive my refund in "about 30 days". It is now approaching 90 days and no check. I have sent 2 registered letters to the clerks office and they were ignored. Any suggestions?

Default Re: How Long Should It Take to Get Refund Check from a Dismissed Traffic Case

Did the court enter a written order for the refund?

Officially across the country from where I've been all my life

Default Re: How Long Should It Take to Get Refund Check from a Dismissed Traffic Case

In my county, it's running 6 - 10 weeks to have a refund processed....

I can't remember it EVER being a 30 day turn around over here.
    If you wanted babies all to yourself, you should have created them by yourself. Until you do that, children have the right to BOTH parents, especially since you found them suitable to procreate with.

Yes - the judge gave me a copy of the dismissal which states "bail posted to be refunded". Would it help to call them or would I just piss them off. They have delayed EVERY step in this ticket's cycle. I got this ticket in October 2009 and it took almost a year to get a trial date. The judge dismissed the case because the clerks' office failed to comply with the 45 day limit to set a trial de novo. Could they be delaying because the dismissal was their fault?

Why does it take so long to process a simple refund? I KNOW if I was 1 day late in submitting ANY form to the clerk's office, they would NOT allow me any leeway. I have been courteous and considerate but they just ignore me. Any ideas why? I'm just curious how this whole court system works. I design computer based accounting systems for companies and if a company was this negligent in handling matters, they would be out of business is a hurry!

1. Sponsored Links