Default Child Support Guidelines Worksheet with No Income

My question involves child support in the State of: Florida

My ex husband has submitted a Petition for Modification of Child Support. I do not contest this as his income has significantly decreased since the Final Judgement went into effect; I'm actually surprised he took this long to file in the first place.

My question is, since the divorce I have remarried and no longer work full time. My husband is self-employed (consultant) and I support him with administrative work as needed. Now that I have to fill out the Child Support Guidelines Worksheet I am not sure how to proceed. I can list -0- income and indicate my current husband is financially supporting us. Another option is listing $1K/month as income for the admin support I provide (or more if its recommended.)

My last job paid approximately $2,400/month net - however being home allows me to keep the children from being in after school care which costs approx $550 a month. I'm looking for a reasonable option to list - the ex is pushing and obviously wants me to work, regardless of the fact the children are much better off at home than at school/daycare for 12 hrs a day. Needless to say it seems he is more interested in my "increased" income (which is not mine - its my current husband's) to further reduce his child support payments.

Default Re: Child Support Guidelines Worksheet + No Income

If you list $0, you'll be imputed an income equal to either minimum wage or (more likely) what you're capable of earning. Since you're not technically "working" for your husband, I'm not at all sure you should list $1k/month.
    An intelligent hell would be better than a stupid paradise - Victor Hugo

Do not microwave grapes

Im not sure how the law works with this in the USA.

But have you thought of entering into a private agreement and removing the courts....

I found when i done so with my ex it worked out more benifical for me and easyer for her

I’m not sure how the law works with this in the USA.
    But have you thought of entering into a private agreement and removing the courts....
    I found when I done so with my ex it worked out more beneficial for me and easier for her
    I pay 360 per week on par with what she would get through the courts. Except I don’t inform her of pay rises or bonuses which is where it saves me money.
    8And instead of having to supply the child with clothes (not sure how it works there here if you have a child well its in your care you have to supply everything yourself) I buy my daughter clothing and give them to there mother from time to time and any clothes any relatives give me I also hand over to my ex.

However any agreement you would want in writing

Quote Quoting Crisppie
    View Post
    Im not sure how the law works with this in the USA.

I found when i done so with my ex it worked out more benifical for me and easyer for her

I’m not sure how the law works with this in the USA.
    I found when I done so with my ex it worked out more beneficial for me and easier for her
    I pay 360 per week on par with what she would get through the courts. Except I don’t inform her of pay rises or bonuses which is where it saves me money.
    8And instead of having to supply the child with clothes (not sure how it works there here if you have a child well its in your care you have to supply everything yourself) I buy my daughter clothing and give them to there mother from time to time and any clothes any relatives give me I also hand over to my ex.

However any agreement you would want in writing

Oh goodness gracious me - NO!

You have got to be trolling.

No responsible person would have posted this.
    An intelligent hell would be better than a stupid paradise - Victor Hugo

Do not microwave grapes

1. Sponsored Links