Transfer, PA Mercer County Pymatuning Township

Default Who Legally Owns the Mobile Home

My question involves real estate located in the State of: Pennsylvania (Transfer, Mercer County, Pymatuning Township)
    Ok so here goes I am going to try and give as much information as possible. I signed a contract to rent to own a mobile home in November of 2008. I called the tax office because I found it odd that we had not recieve any tax papers on the home so I call the tax office to see was the owner of the mobile home, and to my disbelief it wasn't the person who is selling me the home. The mobile home went up for tax sale in 2008 BEFORE we moved in. Now, we find out that the mobile home can be sold at anytime by the tax office and we will be out of a place to live. So my questions are:1. Who actually owns it? 2. Can we get the money we paid back? 3. Is what he's doing against the law? 4. When and if it is sold with the bill of sale override any title that he may have?

Default Re: Who Legally Owns the Mobile Home

so, who is supposedly renting/selling you the home? How does he figure into the picture?

The park owner is renting/selling the home. He claims he owns the trailer but the tax office says differently.

You'll have to help me a bit with this as I am not familiar with how things are dealt with specifically in PA.

Mobile homes; in the manner it is set, does it retain a certificate of title (such as with a car) or is it treated as real estate?

Either way, I can see where lag in reporting or recording could cause some confusion. If there is a title, somebody should have the title in hand.

are you sure the park didn't buy the home at a tax sale and the title was not transferred yet? Is it possible he gained title through a seizure for delinquent lot rent?

I would ask the park owner for proof of ownership

It is titled as a car, but why would it take over 2 years to sign over the title? Yes, because the tax office said that I could bid on it as could anyone and I would then be out of a home. No, it is not possible because all he would of been able to do is tell them to move the trailer. I have thought about that I think I am going to as well as let others know he may not own their trailer.

1. Sponsored Links