Question Adult Woman Impregnated By a Minor

A 26 yr old female slept with a 17 yr old male in the state of Texas. He is now 18 and she is due in December. The female is married and still with her husband. The male along with his mother are black mailing her left and right for things. The biggest is they are forcing her to give them the baby when born. She has other children. She lived with the family all yr till a few months ago. They are threatening her with pressing charges for the under aged sexual activaty. My question is, how much do they really have against her? Can they do this and why? Does she have any rights or even a leg to stand on?
    "everyone makes mistakes, its how you handle them and learn that matters."

Default Re: 26yr Old Preg by 18yr Male 17 at Conception

Are you saying that the statutory rape of a child is a "mistake"?

No, they cannot take her child. Yes, there is a real opportunity to call the police... the baby would be excellent proof.

Why was the mother living with the family? If she was in any sort of guardian role, the stakes go through the roof.

She has many rights... but none allow her the latitude to have sex with children and not pay for her crime.
    All you need in this life is ignorance and confidence; then success is sure.
    - Mark Twain

Quote Quoting EdenStar
    View Post
    A 26 yr old female slept with a 17 yr old male in the state of Texas. He is now 18 and she is due in December. The female is married and still with her husband. The male along with his mother are black mailing her left and right for things. The biggest is they are forcing her to give them the baby when born. She has other children. She lived with the family all yr till a few months ago. They are threatening her with pressing charges for the under aged sexual activaty. My question is, how much do they really have against her? Can they do this and why? Does she have any rights or even a leg to stand on?
    "everyone makes mistakes, its how you handle them and learn that matters."
    So husband and wife BOTH lived with this family - and she slept with the 17 year old while they were all under the same roof?

Realistically, her husband is presumed to be the child's father so the now-18 year old will have to petition the court, have husband's paternity disestablished and establish his own. Before that he has as much right to the child as I do.

I'm curious though. Was the female employed by the family in any capacity? There is a reason for my question.
    An intelligent hell would be better than a stupid paradise - Victor Hugo

Do not microwave grapes

Call the police about what? Isn't 17 the age of consent in Texas?

Quote Quoting Mr. Knowitall
    View Post
    Call the police about what? Isn't 17 the age of consent in Texas?

Yes, that's my belief. I was more curious as to whether Mom was employed as a Nanny (of the 17 year old) or similar since in some states that might change the dynamic quite considerably.

But yes, since there's no firm 'age of consent' (I believe the Texas Penal Code only uses the word "child" when referring to sex crimes of this nature), and as "child" refers to a person under the age of 17 it would seem that at least on the surface - and yes, I fully realize I'm probably digging deeper than is necessary for my own curiosity and will stop now while I'm ahead - no crime has been committed.

I'm shutting up now

(Except for the establishing paternity bit - I stand by that)
    An intelligent hell would be better than a stupid paradise - Victor Hugo

Do not microwave grapes

Yup, the age of consent is 17 in Texas.

I just didn't like the way the whole "mistake" thing was being thrown out there. Whoops, I slept with a high schooler really rubs me raw.
    All you need in this life is ignorance and confidence; then success is sure.
    - Mark Twain

1. Sponsored Links