Default Unemployment is Pending Review - Haven't Received Benefits for Weeks

My question involves unemployment benefits for the state of: Illinois.

For the past 10 weeks, I have not received any unemployment benefits due to a pending review of my status. I started receiving benefits in August of 2009, which would still put me within the realm of 99 weeks. After the government approved the extension back in the late summer, I received my full check with all back pay, but haven't received anything since. I continue to get letters in the mail to certify, and continue to certify every two weeks - each letter contains a note saying that my benefits are under review but to continue to certify while it is pending. Then I get a separate letter after I certify, saying that there is an issue and I have to contact my local office. I went to contact my local office last month, and again last week only for them to tell me that I didn't need to contact them (I was told that I didn't properly read my letter), and that I just need to wait until this is appealed. Phone calls I have made have resulted in the same lack of information/response.

I just want to know if this is something that is typical - i.e. those moving into their 3rd extension do not receive benefits due to a review for 3 months (I have a hard time thinking this is normal as it would be more publicized), and how I can get a solid answer on my status - i.e. 'just wait for us to review' or 'you have to call/do something in order for this to be rectified'. Is there anyone else I can call or email to get information - the Illinois Unemplyment employees have not been very helpful. Or do I just have to wait for this to filter through the proecess. If I do have to contact my office, what should I be asking/saying to get an accurate response?

Any assistance or advice would be helpful.

Default Re: Unemployment is Pending Review - Haven't Received Benefits for Weeks

We don't know why your case is under review, and have no ability to predict how long it will take to resolve whatever the problem is (or if it will be resolved in your favor). We are unable to investigate this for you - we only know what you tell us.

Default Re: Unemployment is Pending Review - Haven't Received Benefits for Weeks

That's the problem - I was never told why my case was under review, nor can I get anyone to tell me this info either. All correspondence that I have received back has just said 'a question in regards to my eligibility has been raised and my benefits are pending a review' and asks me to contact my local office. Not one of the 2 phone numbers that Illinois provides are ever not busy, faxing has given me no replies back and on my 2 trips to my local office, I was placed into 3 different lines only to be told that I didn't properly read my bi-weekly letters (i.e. it was an automatic review and I don't need to contact or do anything but wait - even though the bi-weekly letters I receive tell me to contact my office!). They refer me to the letter I received back when this started that said a review was being handled for me and they will let me know.

In my opinion Illinois is giving me the run-around on this, and I'm shocked if I would be the only one (and very surprised that this is not more publicized) - it has now been 14 weeks (3.5 months) of nothing - I still get letters to certify my benefits every 2 weeks, I still call-in to certify and two days after I certify I get the letter saying that 'a question has been raised in regards to my eligibility' and to contact my local office.

I would just like to know one way or another what this status is - or at least find someone that can assist me in getting this information - does anyone know of any way (online or some other office/phone # I can call) to get a sold answer?

Quote Quoting Mr. Knowitall
    View Post
    We don't know why your case is under review, and have no ability to predict how long it will take to resolve whatever the problem is (or if it will be resolved in your favor). We are unable to investigate this for you - we only know what you tell us.

if you have a problem ,contact the departmant of labor.although unemployment is regulated by the state.the federal government is the big cheese behind the state unemployment.

1. Sponsored Links