Default Penalty for FTA

My question involves criminal law for the state of: I HAVE A FRIEND WHO HAS A WARRANT WITH A 5000.00 BAIL AMOUNT FOR PC 459, PC530, PC470, PC496 (A). SHE IS GOING TO APPEAR AT COURT AND REQUEST TO BE ON CALENDAR. SHE IS NOT GUILTY AND HAS LEGITAMENT REASONS FOR NOT APPEARING ON ORIGINAL COURT DATE. WILL SHE BE ARRESTED THEN AND THERE?, AND WHAT IS SHE LOOKING AT FOR SUCH CHARGES FOR HER FIRST TIME?

Default Re: Penalty for FTA

She very well could be arrested on the spot. Failure to appear is serious enough, but added to burglary, identity theft,forgery, receiving stolen property? She's in a deep pile of trouble.

If she has legitimate reasons for missing her court date, she needs to contact an attorney immediately to negotiate the terms of her surrender and try to keep her out of the pokey.
    I'm not a lawyer, but I play a researcher on the internet!
    Caution: I bite. WARNING: Do not send questions or complaints by PM. I'm likely to post them publicly and embarrass you half to death.
    I'm training for the MS Society's Bike to the Bay - and blogging about it!

This is a low bail warrant. if she can arrange for $500 plus someone with collateral to satisfy a bail bondsman, she can probably arrange her surrender as previously mentioned. Best to use an attorney to assist.

For those charges, she will almost certainly be arrested. And if you are knowingly assisting her in evading authorities, you could also be charged. So, I would suggest you limit your activities to telling her what she needs to do to clear this matter up. And understand that it will NOT go away with time. If she stays on the run for ten years, this will remain for that entire time. And having warrants can prevent access to employment, government aid, loans, etc.
    A Nor Cal Cop Sergeant

"Make mine a double mocha ...
    And a croissant!"

Seek justice,
    Love mercy,
    Walk humbly with your God

-- Courageous, by Casting Crowns

Well she is appearing tomorrow at court house and is taking care of the matter, my concern was why the bail amount that low for those charges? And approxmetly how much jail time do you think she will do?

Quote Quoting jess is a mess
    View Post
    Well she is appearing tomorrow at court house and is taking care of the matter, my concern was why the bail amount that low for those charges? And approxmetly how much jail time do you think she will do?
    The low bail may have been as a result of the nature of the offenses. It may well be a low rate commercial burglary where someone came in with a roomie's debit card or check, or something like that.
    A Nor Cal Cop Sergeant

"Make mine a double mocha ...
    And a croissant!"

Seek justice,
    Love mercy,
    Walk humbly with your God

-- Courageous, by Casting Crowns

1. Sponsored Links