Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default How Long Until You Get Benefits After Winning an Unemployment Hearing

My question involves unemployment benefits for the state of: NY.

I just recently won my NYS unemployment hearing. How long does it take to receive my benefits? I have about 3 and a half months of back pay. How long before I receive that?

Default Re: How Long Until You Get Benefits After Winning an Unemployment Hearing

As long as it takes. It depends on how backed up the office in question is.

Default Re: How Long Until You Get Benefits After Winning an Unemployment Hearing

The New York UI hearing website notes: How long will it take me to get my benefits if I win the hearing?

It should not take long. Questions about such benefits should be directed to the Unemployment Insurance office at which the claim was filed.

However, as cbg noted, it would depend on how busy they are.
    Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.

Quote Quoting jsquirl84
    View Post
    My question involves unemployment benefits for the state of: NY.

I just recently won my NYS unemployment hearing. How long does it take to receive my benefits? I have about 3 and a half months of back pay. How long before I receive that?
    ...jsquirl84, how long did it take for you to get your NY hearing date scheduled ? ....I put a request in for a hearing the beginning of september, I call in once a week and I have received nothing yet, I'm just like to get an idea of what I'm looking at time wise, thanks.

i put in for a hearing in mid september and my hearing was scheduled for mid october. so you should hear back relativley soon.

I'm in Suffolk County NY and it took a month from the time I won my hearing till the time I received all my back payments. When I called, they told me it usually takes 7 to 10 business days, but someone forgot to flip the switch, so to speak, on my account; they were shocked when I called again and realized 18 weeks worth was still sitting waiting to be released to me even though my claim was marked approved. So keep on top of them if more than a couple of weeks passes.

im also in suffolk county. want number did you call. tomorrow is the 10th business day for me. thats for your help.

Quote Quoting jsquirl84
    View Post
    im also in suffolk county. want number did you call. tomorrow is the 10th business day for me. thats for your help.
    I called 1-888-209-8124. It's a real maze to get through to a person, but just listen to the options and eventually you'll get to someone. Also, they usually release payments on Mondays, so tomorrow being Friday you might wanna wait and see if things get rolling for you on Monday. Your choice though, of course.

And congratulations on winning, I know the feeling of the horrible situation to have to deal with.

Hi...can you explain a little bit about the process of scheduling a hearing? I am located in NYC and lost my job 4wks ago but for a list of reasons was not clear on my eligibility until today only to be told there is no "backdating"...the representative recommended I write a letter to NYS BLD explaining my case...2 questions:

1) It seems that these letters are more formalities with little success >> Is this true that some receive backdating? Or should I just try to expedite scheduling the meeting?

2) What grounds did you use for winning your appeals? I believe I am in the right primarily because my employer only recently concluded my "severence" package dragging this situation out and would have happily applied 3weeks ago. I have additional explanations but am wondering if this alone might be sufficient?

Thanks for any and all help!!

Grateful has realized that he shouldn't have hijacked this thread and has started his own.

1. Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast