Results 1 to 2 of 2
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2010

    Default How to Reduce or Drop Domestic Battery Charges

    My question involves criminal law for the state of: Idaho
    My bf and I got into an arguement which became heated. He broke my cell phone when I was trying to call the cops to do a civil standby. While trying to get the phone we struggled and he pushed me. I want to know if there is a way to lessen the charges or get them dropped. Currently the charges are domestic battery and intention destruction of a phone. My bf does have a lawyer. I was just wondering if there is anything that I can do to make it so he does not lose his job or have to spend a lot of time in jail or get heavily fined.

  2. #2

    Default Re: How to Reduce or Drop Domestic Battery Charges

    Beyond possibly paying for his attorney, no. Once police were notified of the crime, it was out of your hands. You have no control over whether he looses his job, spends time in jail, or gets fined. If those are consequences he doesn't want to face, then he needs to govern his behavior accordingly. You can't do that for him.
    Catherine NeSmith
    Executive Director, Inc.

    Fave Big Bang Theory site: Sheldon Cooper Fans

    1. Sponsored Links

Similar Threads

  1. Assault & Battery: Will the Prosecutor Drop or Reduce the Charges
    By boynton in forum Criminal Charges
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-19-2010, 11:22 PM
  2. Assault & Battery: How Do I Drop Domestic Violence Charges
    By ina131 in forum Criminal Charges
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 03-09-2009, 04:22 PM
  3. Domestic Violence: Domestic Battery Charges
    By naester06 in forum Criminal Charges
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-23-2008, 01:27 PM
  4. Domestic Violence: Can I Drop The Domestic Violence Charges I Filed Against My Husband?
    By Soakie in forum Criminal Charges
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-06-2008, 07:14 PM
  5. Domestic Violence: Help With Domestic Battery Charges
    By I Messed Up in forum Criminal Charges
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-05-2007, 08:34 PM
Forum Sponsor
Criminal Defense Attorney
Protect your freedom. Consult a criminal defense lawyer for free.

Untitled Document