1. Does any one know where shoplifting will affect other aspects of life? Will it affect applying to schools, mortgages, credit cards, insurance, etc? Other then maybe jobs, has anyone ran into the situation where this has affected them?
2. What is the best website where I can check my criminal background check?
3. I am awaiting a trial and have not been convicted yet, I also have to go on interviews to get a job. What should I do? Should I wait after the trial or go to as many interviews before the trial. As of now, if the employer checks my background will I have a record and what will it say? If they ask on the application if you have ever been convicted can I say no, because my trial is still pending and will they hold that against me or should I just say yes.
4. Will an employer who checks my records and doesn't hire me, release that information to other companies (my old company I worked for or possibly new ones) or will they just keep that information internal.
5. After the incident, about how long after does your name appear in the local newspaper? If so how would I go about finding it? When do lawyers start sending letters to your homes regarding if you would like to be represented or not.
If anyone can please help me with these questions I would truly be grateful.