My question involves a speeding ticket from the State of: CA
I have got a speeding ticket 22349(a) from CHP in the monterey county. This is my first ticket. I want to keep my records clean and I am planning to contest this citation.
My due-date falls on 11/23.
Here are my questions
1. Which is the best time to start Informal Discovery request?
2. I am planning to send my IDR to CA and DA? Is this sufficient? I read in this forum to send to citing agency, but as per the law they are only evidences?
3. I received a Courtesy Notice yesterday from the court, which has a form with multiple options[bail forfeiture, TBD, Trial in person, Traffic school etc]. I am planning to ask for TBD by attaching my bail amount. Is this need to be served by anyone other than me? I do not have a friend/relation who stays in the same county as me, in this case how do I get proof of service? Is this really necessary? If necessary, then for which documents, documents served to court or served to prosecutor or for both?
4. Is the due-date is for paying the bail and requesting for TBD? Will I get a new due-date for submitting my TDB?
5. CHP clocked me with RADAR and I was not pretty sure whether he clocked the car in-front of me. I was driving a compact car and a SUV was on my left lane. He changed lanes to come in-front of me and he was driving faster than me and he disappeared. When I saw the cop on the right shoulder of the road, the SUV was right in-front of me. Is there a chance that the COP RADAR clocked the SUV speed and COP mistakenly identified me as the SPEEDER. In this case what is the chance for winning this case?
Thanks in Advance