Default Changing Custody Jurisdiction To Another State

Hi all i am needing information..I have a friend of mine who was divorced in Oklahoma and now is living in Texas.Well the father got full legal custody of his daughter and her mother was proven unfit..the only thing she has is visitations..well in the divorce papers she is going against all things from that..im trying to find out where i can download and print out paperwork for interstate transfere?? because the judge in Oklahoma said that they will completely take her visitations away from her but they need those paperwork to be able to file it? what can he ( they ) do to be able to locate these's papers? the mother that was proven to be unfit on this child also has another child by a diffrent man which is my husband and we are gonna do the same thing...so we need as much help as we can get to be able to get all this stuff straightened out for the kids safety and welfare...PLEASE IF ANYONE CAN HELP UP IT WOULD SO GREATFUL

Default Re: Changing Custody Jurisdiction To Another State

A state gets jurisdiction over child custody by being the court of original jurisdiction (that is, where the first custody order was entered), or by virtue of a transfer of jurisdiction, normally under the Uniform Child Custody Jurisdiction Enforcement Act (UCCJEA). To transfer jurisdiction under that act, the new state must be the child's home state - that is, the state in which the child has resided for not less than the preceding six months.

If the divorce occurred in Oklahoma, and the child still resides in Oklahoma, custody litigation will almost certainly continue to occur in Oklahoma.

The child has lived in the State of Texas for awhile now...is there any paperwork we can get or download off the internet to be able to fill them out and send it to the judge. the judge in OK said that he would modify the divorce decree with those papers in the mail without a attorney...or do they have to go back to that state to be able to keep everything there? while they are living in Texas?

I don't know of a place to download Oklahoma pleadings like you describe. If the father has resources, he may wish to get the help of a lawyer. If not, he may wish to explore these resources from the ABA.

Talking Re: Changing Custody Jurisdiction To Another State

Thank you so much for the information...im sorry it took me so long to get back but im glad i did....we got the information that we needed and i am glad u took the time out to help me out on this

Thanks again

1. Sponsored Links