Default I-130 Question - Has the relative ever been under immigration proceedings?

Hello,

My step-father is filing for perement residencey for me, but I have had a green card in the past (1996-1997) but was through the sponsership of my My mom's EX Husbend, it asks the queston "Has the relative ever been under immigration proceedings?" I put yes, gave as much information as possible (I could only put down the year cause I don't know what the date was), I put down Detroit Michigan for where I had my Final Interview and gives you opitions "Removal" "Deporation" "Recission" "Judicial Proceedings"? I don't understand them, After my mom divorced her EX husbend we moved back to Canada voluntery, so really I don't know what to put down.

It also asks a simular queston to this on the I-485, but it askes "Have you ever before applied for perment residence in the U.S." so I put down YES, The Year, place I had my Interview and then it askes "Final Disposition"...I don't understand that as well.

If someone can help me ASAP that would be great.

Thanks.

Default Re: I-130, Has the relative ever been under immigration proceedings?

The I-130 question is about court actions relating to your immigration status - the types of proceedings listed next to the checkboxes below the question (Removal, Exclusion/Deportation, Rescission, or other Judicial Proceedings). It doesn't sound like you were involved in any such proceedings. If you don't understand terms on the documents, be sure to look them up in a dictionary.

Your final disposition refers to the outcome of your prior application for permanent residence. So put down whatever that outcome was.

Quote Quoting Mr. Knowitall
    The I-130 question is about court actions relating to your immigration status - the types of proceedings listed next to the checkboxes below the question (Removal, Exclusion/Deportation, Rescission, or other Judicial Proceedings). It doesn't sound like you were involved in any such proceedings. If you don't understand terms on the documents, be sure to look them up in a dictionary.

Your final disposition refers to the outcome of your prior application for permanent residence. So put down whatever that outcome was.

Well thank you for repling to my queston, You say the queston is related tp"Court actions" so do I skip the queston or Do I say "YES" ("Has your relative ever been under immirgation proceedings") and explain my mother and her EX divorced and she abanned her Perment residence to go back to Canada cause really I haven't had any Court actions and sure enough My mom and I was never deported...so could ya give me some advice cause im kinda stuck on this.

Also, Thank you for letting me know on the "Final Disposition" I understand that completly now.

A divorce is not the type of proceeding they are talking about. They mean immigration proceedings.

Quote Quoting Mr. Knowitall
    A divorce is not the type of proceeding they are talking about. They mean immigration proceedings.
    So should I just leave it blank and put a "N/A" or should I say "YES" and put down "Removal"?

I can't tell you how to fill out the form. If you want more than information, you need to consult an immigration lawyer or consultant.

1. Sponsored Links