Default Denied Unemployment Insurance - Can I Win Appeal

My question involves unemployment benefits for the state of Colorado

I was fired from my job in CO and am being denied Unemployment benefits - What can I do to win my appeal?
    I was fired three weeks ago and filed for Unemployment and am being denied Unemployment Insurance - need info on how to win my appeal.

I received a call from Colo dept of labor last week asking questions regarding my dismissal in order to determine if I was eligible for benefits. They then sent me a notice of decision and was denied because "You did not meet the established job performance standards. You were made aware of the employers expectations and did not comply. It is determined you are responsible for the separation and a disqualification is being imposed"

Here is the story...I was asking for a raise I was promised two years ago and started this conversation with my employer in Feb of this year. I was told by my boss that he would champion a raise for me on August 2nd if I met the new requirements of the job to get the raise. I started working on all the new tasks assigned and in June had an issue that caused my former boss to get upset and he started pointing out I missed all the deadlines we had set which I countered that I did not and provided proof from our weekly conversations that the work was being done as we agreed upon. He then created a hostile work environment and created situation to get me to quit.

When it came time for us to meet for our weekly meeting before he left for vacation in early July he stated that a new person (much junior and less experienced that me) was starting and I would be reporting to her and that "was obviously not good for me" I did not reply only asking about her experience and he rambled off her resume.

A week later after he got back from his vacation he scheduled a meeting with an HR director to discuss my work performance. We went through the entire list of tasks and we had a difference of opinion on the status of each task. The HR rep recognized this disagreement and then asked me about the raise situation and I simply responded I was waiting for my bosses response if he was prepared to support the raise. He (obviously) said no he would "champion me" (which he never did). I stated my displeasure with that response and the next day I was fired. At my HR meeting I asked what was the reason and was told "it was not a good fit" and "they decided to part ways".

What are my chances to win my appeal based on these facts? Any advise is greatly appreciated.

Default Re: Denied Unemployment Insurance - Can I Win Appeal

Ask for your personnel file. Normally, you cannot be denied UC under the facts that you stated in your thread. Misconduct is normally the reason and/or quitting.

Review your file with an attny ... I dont think you want to post your file here..

Default Re: Denied Unemployment Insurance - Can I Win Appeal

The only chance you have is to state that you did the job to the best of your ability (if you did) and did not intentionally fail to meet the new standards.

1. Sponsored Links