Default Thrown Drink Assault

Is it considered assault or battery or anything to throw a drink in someone's face? Not like the cup or anything. Just the liquid. From like a couple of feet...

The state's KY

Default Re: Thrown Drink Assault

Probably techinally,spiting can be considered assualt in some places.

Shoot....I better watch that!

This is many years ago. I had a guy that was harassing me by putting ice down my shirt - front and back. I even moved to a different table. My friend warned him I was getting pissed, and not to do it again. He continued. I had my friend go get me a cup ice with some water....the next time I got ice down my shirt....he got that cup of ice and water dumped right down the back of his shirt. However, I did get a quick apology!

It it's an unwanted touching, whether with a body part, an object, a liquid, or any other method under the control of the subject causing the touch, it can be charged as a battery (lumped in with assault in some states). Even if it doesn't cause damage or injury.
    Catherine NeSmith
    Executive Director
    AARDVARC.org, Inc.
    http://www.aardvarc.org

Fave Big Bang Theory site: Sheldon Cooper Fans

Quote Quoting tc498
    View Post
    Probably techinally,spiting can be considered assualt in some places.
    Spitting not only can but should be considered assault.

Ask Carl how a law enforcement officer deals with an arrestee that decides to spit on a cop...
    All you need in this life is ignorance and confidence; then success is sure.
    - Mark Twain

This isn't like spitting, spitting is worse. that's nasty. Sprite is way safer to be sharing around than spit.

Quote Quoting PandorasBox
    View Post
    However, I did get a quick apology!
    I didn't. I got 'arghh my dad's a lawyer that's assault you're so screwed'

So there were no cops there. But their dad is a lawyer, with the DAs office (of all the good ass luck...)

Quote Quoting aardvarc
    View Post
    It it's an unwanted touching, whether with a body part, an object, a liquid, or any other method under the control of the subject causing the touch, it can be charged as a battery (lumped in with assault in some states). Even if it doesn't cause damage or injury.
    Ky doesn't seem to have battery....

The codes spend a lot of time talking about causing physical injury....so, what would throwing liquid be out of all these?

http://law.justia.com/kentucky/codes/508-00/508-00.html

But their dad is a lawyer, with the DAs office (of all the good ass luck...)
    Dude still needs to file a police report, for one. And for another, just because someone claims that Daddy is an attorney who will sue your ass off, doesn't mean Daddy is an attorney. And even if Daddy is an attorney, it still doesn't mean he's got the time or inclination to file charges for throwing Sprite at his Precious.

The attorneys of my acquaintance would be more likely to tell Precious to suck it up and stop crying about some sugar water. They don't have time for nonsense, they have REAL cases to deal with.

Ky doesn't seem to have battery....

The codes spend a lot of time talking about causing physical injury....so, what would throwing liquid be out of all these?

http://law.justia.com/kentucky/codes/508-00/508-00.html
    If one s-t-r-e-t-c-h-e-s really far, an argument might be made for menacing - "He was so flipped out, he threw his drink in my face and started after me! I thought he was going to hit me next!" - but you don't say under what circumstances you threw the drink to begin with, so this is just speculation.

It seems to me that you're worrying prematurely. Until the cops come to your door, wanting to talk to you about assault, worrying will only make your anxious and probably make your hair fall out.
    I'm not a lawyer, but I play a researcher on the internet!
    Caution: I bite. WARNING: Do not send questions or complaints by PM. I'm likely to post them publicly and embarrass you half to death.
    I'm training for the MS Society's Bike to the Bay - and blogging about it!

Quote Quoting LawResearcherMissy
    View Post
    The attorneys of my acquaintance would be more likely to tell Precious to suck it up and stop crying about some sugar water. They don't have time for nonsense, they have REAL cases to deal with.
    It is confirmed that daddy IS an attorney. Its good that they might not have any time for this. But Precious is a complete Princess. And yes, I am a guy which makes me worry what daddy might think or do -but don't go off at me over that, it's not like she's a nice person

View Post
    If one s-t-r-e-t-c-h-e-s really far, an argument might be made for menacing - "He was so flipped out, he threw his drink in my face and started after me! I thought he was going to hit me next!" - but you don't say under what circumstances you threw the drink to begin with, so this is just speculation.
    Well I didn't do anything to start it. Was at the mall with friends, we got food, I was wandering over to where my friends were. This girl, she never shuts up, she was bugging me most of the year at school too. I've kinda had a bad year, and she's one of those people who just decides they're better than everyone else, she's made all these comments about my life. I didn't do anything about it at school, I was trying to stay out of trouble.
    So, back to the mall, I could tell walking towards her that she was talking about me, I got closer she starts making her regular comments to me, juvy loser, did you steal your food ( I don't know why she thinks I steal stuff, I don't), who's your mom sleeping with, blah blah jailbait, blah I don't know how to stop talking blah
    I was just thinking to myself, you're such a *****. And my drink was just sitting there, and I hadn't put a lid on it. And then I just did it. And I just dropped the cup on the floor (so maybe I'll get done for littering!) and walked off. They just sat there with their mouths open, and she did her whole 'argh so screwed'. And I wandered over to my friends and we were all just sort of like, yeah let's take our food and get out of here. None of the mall officer guys came and tackled me so I don't know if they came along.

I probably shouldn't have done it. But it was kind of awesome.

Oh, and I am still on probation which is why I'm kind of worried after someone said it could be assualt or battery or something

And yes, I am a guy which makes me worry what daddy might think or do -but don't go off at me over that, it's not like she's a nice person.
    Heh. I'm a parent of teenagers myself. Teenagers are a pain in the ass. Even mine.

Try not to worry too much, OK?
    I'm not a lawyer, but I play a researcher on the internet!
    Caution: I bite. WARNING: Do not send questions or complaints by PM. I'm likely to post them publicly and embarrass you half to death.
    I'm training for the MS Society's Bike to the Bay - and blogging about it!

View Post
    Teenagers are a pain in the ass.
    lol. thanks.

I'll try not to worry too much.

I'll try not to throw anything else at her either, even though it was fun the first time...

1. Sponsored Links