Default A Notarized Temp Guardianship is Valid

My question involves a child custody case from the State of: Florida/ Georgia

I live in florida. 18 months ago my son went to Georgia to stay with his grandparents (granddmother is caring for him). We had a notarized temporary guardianship issued twice..1st in 2009 and second was March 11, 2010 for school and medical. I am going to get him and my ex-husband is trying to keep him from me even I did not gave him custodial rights to my son, I have full custody of my son. What leg do I have to stand on, if any. what do I need to do legally? and does the notarized letter hold any value?

should I be able to go to Georgia and get my son with out any issue?

Default Re: A Notarized Temp Guardianship is Valid

The notarized document may have been enough to appease schools, doctors, or other such providers that the person could take certain actions regarding the child. however, what counts are far as custody is what the COURT says. If you have a custody order from the court, that takes precedence over anything else. Notarized documents regarding custody don't count, because only a JUDGE gets to decide custody matters on behalf of the child's interests.
    Catherine NeSmith
    Executive Director
    AARDVARC.org, Inc.
    http://www.aardvarc.org

Fave Big Bang Theory site: Sheldon Cooper Fans

Default Re: A Notarized Temp Guardianship is Valid

I wanted to get my son's school records directly from the school and they are giving me a hard time because they said that the grandmother is the only one that can get the records because she was listed as the TEMP GUARDIAN of my son but I TOLD THE SCHOOL THAT I HAVE LEGAL CUSTODY of my son. I even ask if they want me to send or fax them anything that proves that I have legal custody of him or some sort of ID that will identify my identity and they are giving me run around. My ex-husband and his family just not cooperating enough. Can I call the School board in that County and file a complaint or even just to try to get some sort of assistance?

1. Sponsored Links