Default PTSD Symptoms from Unwitting Involvement in Military Drill

[Note: I'm posting with my real name because I want to leave a digital paper trail in case something happens to me. Please respect my choice to post like that, if I need to hide my name in the future I'll sign up with a different name or change my user name, etc.]

At the end of May I was unwittingly part of some type of military drill while taking Chicago's public transportation. I fled from the scene and made it back to my residence totally panic stricken. Later that day and ever since then I have had to deal with harassment and stalking. I'm very sure these people are federal agents. No one wants to believe me because of how outlandish and insane it all sounds. Is there some way I can seek monetary compensation using the law? I'm very afraid to take public transportation after what happened that day. I don't have much of any evidence to prove my case. Is there some way to I can use FOIA to request my records and possibly details about the military exercise or whatever happened that day? I don't want to pay the FOIA fees to request the records myself. It seems so unfair that I have to pay fees to discover why my own government has terrorized me. How can I get around paying FOIA fees? It is so ridiculous that a ordinary citizen like myself has to deal with something like this!

What I want is the following:

*Copies of all of my personal records from several federal agencies
    *An apology in writing
    *Monetary compensation for the intense fear and disorientation I experienced because of unwittingly being part of a military drill and also from being stalked and harassed

Are my claims unreasonable? It seems perfectly reasonable to me, but I'm not a lawyer.

I haven't talked with law enforcement yet due to fear of being labeled crazy or them just laughing in my face. Should I overcome my shyness and call a law enforcement agency to discuss this?

Sean Reed Martinez
    Cicero, IL
    seanmartinez (at) fastmail (dot) fm

Default Re: Ptsd Symptoms from Unwitting Involvement in Military Drill

How do you know there was some kind of drill being carried out?
    An intelligent hell would be better than a stupid paradise - Victor Hugo

Do not microwave grapes

I don't have much of any evidence to prove my case.
    what evidence do you have of anything you claim?

I don't have any evidence that would hold up in court. That is why I am very interested in using FOIA to unearth evidence that could substantiate my claim. As far as the harassment and stalking, I can't really prove that either. All I know is that I was being watched, followed, and harassed by people I had never met before who seemed very well trained. No one should have to go through bullshit like that, especially if like myself they did not commit any crime. I want legal help to prove that these things happened. If they really were law enforcement or federal agents there should be records of it and that is what I want to see.

What makes you think FOIA will give you the information you seek?

Yes, you'll have to pay for it, btw.
    An intelligent hell would be better than a stupid paradise - Victor Hugo

Do not microwave grapes

Default Re: PTSD Symptoms from Unwitting Involvement in Military Drill

If there is an active investigation, you would not be able to get a copy of any records involving the situation.

I found a cat recently. I think it might be yours.

Oregon now, but will probably end up back in Nevada someday

I found a cat recently. I think it might be yours.
    Did it have little foil booties?

The whole thing does sound like an absurd conspiracy theory. I'm the first to admit it.

It could be an active investigation like you say. If it is, they definitely have the wrong guy and are wasting taxpayer dollars.

FOIA was just one idea. I'm also going to request my FBI files and see if there is anything there, but I doubt it. It seems to me that a person who hasn't committed any crime, yet who is being monitored by the feds, has a right to know why. Maybe I'm wrong? Maybe this is the reality of post 9/11 life?

1. Sponsored Links