Default Ticket Regarding 21806(A)

My question involves a traffic ticket from the state of: California
    I was driving southbound on the 101 when I was one the fast lane, a CHP pulled in front of me and started swerving, I didn't know what he was doing, I thought he was trying to pull me over he had his yellow lights on. In the beginning he didn't have his red lights, since I thought he was trying to pull me over, I moved to the next lane kuz I was getting ready to pull to the right side, so he could stop me and let me know what he needed to tell me. I have a witness that was in my car. So, I pulled over in front of him to the right side in the middle lane and second lane he had put his red lights, I don't think the sirens were on, I can't remember, but I calendered my case for court, and I'm trying to win it. Pls help.

Default Re: Ticket Regarding 21806(A)

I find this one interesting! Highway 101 is a mess and he was most likely trying to create a 'traffic break' (slowing down traffic behind him) because there was some traffic problem ahead.....I've seen what you describe many, many times.

I don't think the statute you were cited for has anything to do with what was taking place for a couple of reasons: He had his yellow lights on, rather than his red lights. (That's what you said and I've never seen it otherwise so I feel sure you're right about that.) Also, the statute says you're supposed to pull over to the right side and stop until the emergency vehicle passed...which I feel sure he never intended you or anyone else behind him to do. Also, he was driving the emergency vehicle (with yellow, rather than red lights) and he was already past you.

I think he cited you for 21806(a) because it's as close as he could get to finding a vehicle code that you violated....and it's really not close, at all. I don't think you were in violation of any vehicle code.

Hang in there....the 'smart' people will be along, shortly, to head you in the right direction!!

1. Sponsored Links