Default How to Prove That the Kids Are and Have Been Living with You for the Last 5 Years

My question involves child support in the State of: Utah

The kids have lived with me for the last 5 years, and I have paid $750. a month for child support to their mother. I paid $10,000 to a lawyer 3 years ago to sue for custody, but she continually lies, and says that the children live with her. At that time the kids were pretty young, but now my oldest is 18.

I have had to file bankruptcy, and have almost lost my house, because I have been paying her for so much child support, and in the meantime I'm the one supporting the kids financially on top of the child support?

I notified Recovery Services a year ago, and they called her, but she said that they lived with her for more than 3 days a week. When in fact they only see her 3 or 4 times a month. The oldest one is willing to testify that he has lived with me for the last 4 years, but I am not sure if that is acceptable to the state?

I have requested a modification for my child support, but I'm not sure how to prove that they are living with me other than their school records?

Default Re: How to Prove That the Kids Are and Have Been Living with You for the Last 5 Years

School records?

Default Re: How to Prove That the Kids Are and Have Been Living with You for the Last 5 Years

Quote Quoting ameuze
    View Post
    My question involves child support in the State of: Utah

The kids have lived with me for the last 5 years, and I have paid $750. a month for child support to their mother. I paid $10,000 to a lawyer 3 years ago to sue for custody, but she continually lies, and says that the children live with her. At that time the kids were pretty young, but now my oldest is 18.

I have had to file bankruptcy, and have almost lost my house, because I have been paying her for so much child support, and in the meantime I'm the one supporting the kids financially on top of the child support?

I notified Recovery Services a year ago, and they called her, but she said that they lived with her for more than 3 days a week. When in fact they only see her 3 or 4 times a month. The oldest one is willing to testify that he has lived with me for the last 4 years, but I am not sure if that is acceptable to the state?

I have requested a modification for my child support, but I'm not sure how to prove that they are living with me other than their school records?

School records, medical bills, any mail that was mailed to any of the children, your 18 yr old's testimony.

Why didn't you file for a modification of the CS at the time that you won court ordered custody?

You should also modify the visitation schedule to reflect what is actually going on. When that is done and you are legally primary parent, then you can file for a modification of child support.
    I highly doubt you will collect what you've paid out... you should've done this 5 years ago!

1. Sponsored Links