Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Custody Dispute With a Registered Sex Offender

I have a son who is 20 months old. His father is a registered sex offender through the state of Fla.. He was 19 and the girl he was put in prison for was under 12 years old.. His dad and I are about to go to court as he wants to try to get custody of my son.. I have been letting my son go and stay at his father every other weekend. (he lives with his parents, so my son sleeps in his parents room) Just recently his father has been calling me while my son is there telling me that I need to clean his private parts. I asked what he was talking about and he told me that my son had white stuff on his private part.. My son is circumcised so there is no reason for me to pull his skin back and clean him.. I even asked his pediatrician if it was normal and she said yes. I explained to him that it was normal for it to be there and to leave it be.. When my son comes from his fathers house his private parts have been swollen and one time he even had a UTI.. I dont really trust him alone with my son. So I have stopped all visits with him and told him if he wanted to see his son he is to come to my home and see him. Due to him being on probation is not aloud to be in my home. Although he is dating a girl who has 3 kids and is aloud to be around them and even stay at his house. He just bought a house and they are suppose to be moving in together. Is he allowed to live with children that are not family while he is on probation? Another thing is i have been getting threatening emails and text msgs from his gf saying she was going to kidnap my son. Some saying she was going to take my son out of state. Saying that if her and her friends saw me on the streets they would beat my a**.. Also that when they move in with each when i bring my son over that I would leave their house the same way I showed up. can i use this all in court when we go and how do you think it would end? I have already taken her to court for harassment/threats in the past and they were thrown out. The judge told us both to grow up. Cops were called last night and they informed me of my rights as a parent and told me to not take my son to his dads and stay away from them. Will keeping him from his son because of the threats hurt me in court? Any help would be appreciated.

Default Re: Registered Sex Offender

He's a REGISTERED sex offender, and you allowed your child to be with him where he can be unsupervised? His victim was UNDER 12 (this is pedophilia, a crime against children). In this case, you would cause more harm in continuing to put your child in harms way than to deny and wait for a court order. You REALLY need to talk to an atty. NOW. (BTW, see if you can access the Fl Sex offenders registry.... the terms of his probation/parole should be listed there, including contact with children).

http://www.expertlaw.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30398

Mom was aware of his sex offender status...
    An intelligent hell would be better than a stupid paradise - Victor Hugo

Do not microwave grapes

*Bangs head* I feel sorry for that baby.

Frankly neither parent is fit.

One is a convicted child molester, the other knowingly allowed her child to be left alone with the convicted child molester.

Mom, you can lose your child. Please speak with a local attorney immediately.

Do not microwave grapes

I really have to wonder WHERE grandma (her side) is..... I understand getting pregnant without knowing the background of the other parent (it's sure not the good ol days, and seldom do they consider parent material above their own desires of the moment), but to continue to carry on ANY kind of relationship with someone that is a KNOWN CONVICTED CHILD MOLESTER is just wrong. I'm sorry, but the minute that I found out that one of my children was subjecting my grandchild to this knowingly, a call would be made.

He has NEVER been around his son alone.. There has always been someone there.. He is not aloud to be in the same room with anyone under the age of 18 without supervision. Like I stated when he stays at his dads he sleeps in his grandparents room. He has not been to his dads in months or since he started saying the stuff listed in my listing. I dont play games with this.. My son/kids are my world so please dont accuse me of being bad mother because I let my son see his dad..

As far as his probation goes.. I had to write a letter to his probation officer stating I knew of his charge and aloud my son to be around his father. But I stated that he only be supervised via me or his mother no one else. He has been supervised using his siblings as well as his gf. Can his probation officer get in trouble since she is going against the letter i wrote?

As far as his charge.. I was not aware of it until AFTER i was pregnant with my son. I am truley against abortion therefor I gave birth to my son. I am not asking you guys to call me bad names or a bad mother as i am far from that.. This is a place for advice not to be called names.

I asked questions and got no reply to them but tons of downgrading on me. All I want is my questions answered.

Is he allowed to live with children that are not family while he is on probation?

can i use this all in court when we go and how do you think it would end?

Cops were called last night and they informed me of my rights as a parent and told me to not take my son to his dads and stay away from them. Will keeping him from his son because of the threats hurt me in court?

Will keeping him from his son because of the past hurt me in court when it comes to getting custody?

Quote Quoting Dogmatique
    View Post
    http://www.expertlaw.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30398

Mom was aware of his sex offender status...
    Your right and it states we were expecting our first child therefor i was already pregnant when he was arrested and I was not sure as to why he was arrested until I went to his first hearing!!

Default Re: Custody Dispute With a Registered Sex Offender

If he's not allowed alone with the child, why is he calling into question the cleansing of the child, and why are the baby's genitals swollen when he comes home??

As I stated, NOT keeping your son away from him could be FAR more detrimental to your case, since YOU are knowingly putting your child in a situation in which he could be victimized.

Quote Quoting adolphin69
    View Post
    He has NEVER been around his son alone.. There has always been someone there.. He is not aloud to be in the same room with anyone under the age of 18 without supervision. Like I stated when he stays at his dads he sleeps in his grandparents room. He has not been to his dads in months or since he started saying the stuff listed in my listing. I dont play games with this.. My son/kids are my world so please dont accuse me of being bad mother because I let my son see his dad..

You cannot guarantee that.

As far as his probation goes.. I had to write a letter to his probation officer stating I knew of his charge and aloud my son to be around his father. But I stated that he only be supervised via me or his mother no one else. He has been supervised using his siblings as well as his gf. Can his probation officer get in trouble since she is going against the letter i wrote?

As far as his charge.. I was not aware of it until AFTER i was pregnant with my son. I am truley against abortion therefor I gave birth to my son. I am not asking you guys to call me bad names or a bad mother as i am far from that.. This is a place for advice not to be called names.

I asked questions and got no reply to them but tons of downgrading on me. All I want is my questions answered.

Is he allowed to live with children that are not family while he is on probation?

What did his probation officer say when you asked that question?

can i use this all in court when we go and how do you think it would end?

Cops were called last night and they informed me of my rights as a parent and told me to not take my son to his dads and stay away from them. Will keeping him from his son because of the threats hurt me in court?
    I think you need an attorney. Seriously.

You have already knowingly allowed your son - and I'm sorry but unless you're there 24/7 you cannot possibly know that he's NEVER with Dad unsupervised - to be with a convicted child molester.

Will keeping him from his son because of the past hurt me in court when it comes to getting custody?

The thing is, first you allowed contact - and now without proof of further/any wrongdoing, you're changing your mind. Yes, even with Dad's past, that can be a checkmark against you.

Though in brutal honesty I cannot see the courts ever awarding Dad custody.

Your right and it states we were expecting our first child therefor i was already pregnant when he was arrested and I was not sure as to why he was arrested until I went to his first hearing!!

You said:

My boyfriend has a sex crime. He spent 5 yrs in a state prison and was released with 5 yrs probation. He has been out and on probation for 16 months.

Did I misunderstand?

Are you saying that it wasn't until he was arrested for the probation violation that you found out about his sex offender conviction/status?

Do not microwave grapes

Quote Quoting Dogmatique
    View Post
    You cannot guarantee that.

What did his probation officer say when you asked that question?

His PO will not talk to me.. I have called on a few occasions and she is either out of the office or with a client.. I leave number never receive a call back..

I think you need an attorney. Seriously.

You have already knowingly allowed your son - and I'm sorry but unless you're there 24/7 you cannot possibly know that he's NEVER with Dad unsupervised - to be with a convicted child molester.

Well I honestly hope not.. But from words of his mother ( i trust her) she says she will not jeopardize her son going back to jail for anything so I am hoping him being alone with our son will be one as well.. She states that he is never around him alone

The thing is, first you allowed contact - and now without proof of further/any wrongdoing, you're changing your mind. Yes, even with Dad's past, that can be a checkmark against you.

Though in brutal honesty I cannot see the courts ever awarding Dad custody.

The proof is that he is messing with my sons private parts.. I have text msgs and emails that states it from him.. Yes there may be a check mark against me BUT... I am doing what i think is best and keeping my son away from being hurt or messed with again and I would hope the courts would agree to that.

You said:

Did I misunderstand?

Are you saying that it wasn't until he was arrested for the probation violation that you found out about his sex offender conviction/status?
    Yes I was not aware of his charge until he was arrested.. I thought at first that he was arrested for leaving the scene of an accident.. I guess the guy who was in the accident with was hurt..

1. Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast