My question involves estate proceedings in the state of: KY
Person A died and owned 3/4 of property that Person B lived in. Person B and 2 others owned the other 1/4 of property (one of other 1/4 owners had knowledge and approved of person B's action, 3rd party of 1/4 ownership knew nothing). Person B has lived there 10 years without informing Person A's legal heirs of their ownership. Person B has disposed of Assets belonging to all heirs and kept all money. Person A's heirs have just filed lawsuit to sell property and divide proceeds, also have asked that a particular asset that they have proof of that sold and the amount sold for, be accounted for and divided.
1) Can person B make any claim to ownership because of length of time involved? Person B paid taxes and repairs.
2) Could Person A's relatives sue for back rent? If so, how many years could they sue for?
3) There was a government payoff that person B received by claiming they were entitled to it. Could person B be prosecuted for this if it were brought up in court. (As of right now plaintiffs have not mentioned this.) The total amount would be over $500.
4) How much trouble could person B be in?
5) Are there any legal claims Person B could make in defense?
6) Person B still lives at property. Can heirs of Person A force Person B to leave before property is sold if they have no where to go?
7) Person B has to respond to lawsuit in less than 2 weeks. Are there any legal loopholes that person B can use to keep and retain the property free and clear?
Any help would be appreciated.