Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Social Security Fraud Through Unreported Income

Virginia, If a judge has in his hands tax returns that show a person committed fraud by earning way more than SSDI allows, is he obligated by law to turn this person in himself? While this person was married, her SSDI didn't decrease, even tho her husband made over 40,000 a year. Lawyer said IRS must have been sleeping when going over these peoples tax returns. (filed together) She worked and earned over 50,000 in a matter of months, was also paid under the table at another job working over 40 hours a week, and the judge was handed proof of this. No consequences what so ever.

Default Re: SSDI Fraud in Va

the judge is not in a position to make the determination that there was any unjust payments. He might suspect as much but since he is not privy to all of the facts, he surely cannot make a valid judgment on the situation.

If you know somebody that is defrauding the SS folks, go here and take care of it.

http://www.ssa.gov/oig/guidelin.htm

Quote Quoting Patty54
    View Post
    Virginia, If a judge has in his hands tax returns that show a person committed fraud by earning way more than SSDI allows, is he obligated by law to turn this person in himself? While this person was married, her SSDI didn't decrease, even tho her husband made over 40,000 a year. Lawyer said IRS must have been sleeping when going over these peoples tax returns. (filed together) She worked and earned over 50,000 in a matter of months, was also paid under the table at another job working over 40 hours a week, and the judge was handed proof of this. No consequences what so ever.

Hang on a sec.

SSDI allows a person to work....and SSDI is NOT necessarily dependent upon the household income.

SSI, however, is another matter.

Which is it?
    An intelligent hell would be better than a stupid paradise - Victor Hugo

Do not microwave grapes

Quote Quoting Dogmatique
    View Post
    Hang on a sec.

SSDI allows a person to work....and SSDI is NOT necessarily dependent upon the household income.

SSI, however, is another matter.

Which is it?
    and that is why the judge was not in a position to make any determination PLUS I am sure it was not the basis of the case at hand.

She was deemed totally disabled and unable to work, but worked what SSDI allowed after her accident. Then after she got married, she had a job where she worked over 40 hrs a week and was paid under the table. Also worked another job for a few months making over 50,000. Worked a couple other small jobs before quitting all together a few months before divorce was started. She is still deemed totally disabled and unable to return to work. She's collecting SSDI since 2000. The amount of money she was able to earn during the marriage determined if she was eligible for spousal support for life even tho the marriage lasted less than 2 years.

Question Re: Social Security Fraud Through Unreported Income

Are you her x-husband's new wife?

Default Re: Social Security Fraud Through Unreported Income

Quote Quoting 525601minutes
    View Post
    Are you her x-husband's new wife?
    LOL heck no, I'm his daughter. My dad is being screwed over by this woman. I lost my chance to go to college. He is living with me and my grandma now because of her. I just want to know if what this woman has done is legal in anyway and how she managed to make a mockery of the legal system to do it. He's not even divorced from her yet.

Arrow Re: Social Security Fraud Through Unreported Income

He should be discussing this with his divorce lawyer or using the link provided about to talk to the SSA.

Default Re: Social Security Fraud Through Unreported Income

Quote Quoting 525601minutes
    View Post
    He should be discussing this with his divorce lawyer or using the link provided about to talk to the SSA.
    Thanks, he has been. I thought I could get some advice from this link to help him out. It costs him everytime he talks to his lawyer. He's afraid to turn her into SSDI because if she loses her disability, then it might cost him more money.

Exclamation Re: SSDI Fraud in Va

Quote Quoting Patty54
    View Post
    The amount of money she was able to earn during the marriage determined if she was eligible for spousal support for life even tho the marriage lasted less than 2 years.
    Is this what your dad told you - or his lawyer - or the judge in the courtroom? I find that highly suspect.
    IF she is doing something illegal with the SSA she will face fines/interest and even jail time. I don't think people in prison can receive spousal support.

1. Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast