Default Daughter Part Time at Sisters

My daughter will be staying during the week at my sisters house as she is close to the school she attends. We have moved out of the town and do not want to disrupt her in her school (she's 16) We would like our daughter to stay with my sister but only during 4 days per week. What do we need to give my sister so that she can legally be her guardian during the time she is stays with her....but yet we remain her full legal guardian.

Default Re: Daughter Part Time at Sisters

You should check with your daughter's school to make sure that your daughter will continue to meet its residency requirements. If you will be living in another town, they may wish that your sister be a full guardian. Beyond that, you should be able to fashion a limited guardianship form that does what you wish. You shouldn't have to go through the courts, although you may wish to seek legal help in drafting the document. Laws vary by state.

1. Sponsored Links

Similar Threads

1. Disqualification: Getting Unemployment After Being Laid Off From Full-Time Job, Quitting Part-Time Job
    By dobra in forum Unemployment Insurance
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-25-2011, 08:03 PM
  2. Unemployment Benefits: Unemployment if You Quit a Part-Time Job After Being Laid Off From Full-Time
    By Austin.D in forum Unemployment Insurance
    Last Post: 06-01-2011, 11:32 AM
  3. Unemployment Benefits: Changing from Full Time to Part Time
    By hammertoes in forum Unemployment Insurance
    Last Post: 04-23-2011, 09:14 PM
  4. Unemployment Benefits: Can I Collect Unemployment from a Part-Time Job if I'm Working Another Part-Time Job
    By arzenika in forum Unemployment Insurance
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-05-2011, 12:10 PM
  5. Grandparents and Third Parties: Full-Time Grandma vs Part-Time Parents
    By shankins72 in forum Child Custody and Visitation
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-15-2009, 06:37 PM